Windstorm Roofing Installation In Texas
If you live on the Gulf Coast of Texas your home is susceptible to wind damage from hurricanes. This is why it is important that your roof can withstand heavy winds and rainfall.
Here at CJ’s Roofing LLC, we only use the best material and installation methods so that your roof is secure and can withstand winds of 110 miles per hour. The roofs must be solidly secured to sheathed roofing and then layered with asphalt shingles and stripping that is interlocking and self-sealing.
- We use synthetic felt on all roofs.
- We use ice & water, storm guard, on all valleys as well as valley metal as a double protection.
- We use a 6 over 6 nailing patterns on new decking/sheathing which means a nail every 6” on every rafter over roof sheathing to prevent fly off in hurricane winds.
- We install drip edge, 2” x 2” on every roof.
- We install real starter on the entire perimeter of roof with six nails per strip.
- Every shingle gets six nails per shingle to withstand 130 mph wind gusts.
- Every roof gets real ridge cap, not the cheaper 3-tab shingles which are non-compliant.
- Every ridge cap gets 4 nails per shingle to withstand 130 mph wind gusts.
- The owner of the company is on site to inspect and supervise the installation and to do a final inspection.
- We have an engineer to do an additional inspection to guarantee your roof is up to code and tdi windstorm specs.
- You will receive a WPI8 in 3 – 4 weeks.
Receiving Your WPI8 Windstorm Certificate
- We will coordinate inspections with windstorm specialists to ensure your roof is windstorm certified.
- Once the roofing project is completed, the engineer will provide us with a copy of the singed and sealed copy of the WPI2 form that will be sent to the state.
- Soon after, the state will make your WPI8 certificate available on their website at https://appscenter.tdi.texas.gov/windstorm/p/searchForAppl, for view and print.
Expert Windstorm Roofing Installers
For more information on windstorm roofing installation call us today at (210) 201-3687.